Brentford boss Rosler gives the nod to keeper Lee before Carlisle Utd clash
Last updated at 09:35, Saturday, 18 February 2012
Brentford boss Uwe Rosler has issued a vote of confidence to keeper Richard Lee ahead of Carlisle United’s visit after his gaffe led to defeat for the Bees in their last outing.
Lee was beaten by a Steve Gillespie shot in the late stages of Brentford’s 2-1 defeat to Colchester despite seeming to have the effort covered.
It was a rare error from the in-form custodian but manager Rosler has thrown a protective arm around the ex-Watford man ahead of Monday’s visit of the Blues.
“Richard has won us many points this season,” Rosler said.
“We have to look at ourselves collectively before pointing the finger of blame, and mark better as a unit.
“We have to do better with balls into the box. After they had equalised, they looked like scoring from every ball they put in. Richard made some very good saves before they scored. He made a mistake, but things like that happen, and he still has my full confidence.”
Lee suffered the misery last season of missing out on the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final against the Blues through injury.
His Wembley heartbreak features in his acclaimed book, Graduation, which reveals how the keeper turned to self-help and Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) to help him deal with mental anxiety.
The 29-year-old Lee reveals in the book how he nearly walked away from a career in football on several occasions.
Rosler’s side, meanwhile, have won just once in their last 10 games as their play-off push has stalled.
They have drawn five of those games but former Manchester City favourite Rosler has demanded better work at the back against Carlisle.
“That’s our problem at the moment – it looks like we have to score two or three goals at least to get the points,” said the German, who could welcome back key centre-half Karleigh Osborne from injury.
“We have to deal better with balls in to our box.”
First published at 08:55, Saturday, 18 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- We can blow battle for Carlisle wide open, claim UKIP (39 comments)
- Work starts to redevelop Carlisle Airport (29 comments)
- I won't quit vows Cumbria council leader after parking charges climbdown (22 comments)
- Copeland council backs Civic Hall and new public loos plans (7 comments)
- New Cumbrian leisure centre delayed by finance query (6 comments)
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (87 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (62 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (88 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (30 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (62 comments)