Boost for Carlisle Utd as Robson and Thirlwell get back to training
Last updated at 11:35, Monday, 12 November 2012
Skipper Paul Thirlwell and Matty Robson are set to bolster Greg Abbott’s squad further by returning to training today.
And the experienced duo could be in the frame for next weekend’s home clash with Leyton Orient.
Both men have missed United’s recent games with back and ankle injuries respectively. And Abbott admitted he was looking forward to having the winger and midfielder back in his ranks after the recent return of JP McGovern.
“It looks like we are getting a few back and the key is to have as many options as we can,” said Abbott.
“We have gone long enough without players and we want the group as big as we can.”
Striker Rory Loy will today play his second game since his long-awaited return from a broken leg.
The Scot, who made a 26-minute comeback appearance in last Wednesday’s Cumberland Cup tie against Penrith Rangers, will feature for the Blues in a reserve friendly at Leeds.
Abbott said: “Rory might get 45 minutes this time and this will be a tougher game.”
The United manager will tonight attend the North West Football Awards where he has been shortlisted for the manager of the year title, along with Roberto Mancini, David Moyes, Roberto Martinez and Steve Davis. Lee Miller, in the running for the League One player award, will also be at the ceremony while Josh Todd is among the contenders for the rising star award.
First published at 11:28, Monday, 12 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- Carlisle's city centre BHS store to close (37 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Cash secured for £33m schools and sports campus (3 comments)