Berrett on standby for Bury return
Last updated at 11:37, Saturday, 29 December 2012
James Berrett is on standby for a possible return against Bury this afternoon with captain Paul Thirlwell doubtful with a calf injury.
Berrett has been out with a groin injury but could be plunged straight back into the side for the crunch basement clash at Brunton Park after fellow midfielder Thirlwell joined the crocked list.
The Blues skipper was subbed with a calf problem early in the first half of the 3-0 Boxing Day win over Hartlepool United, and underwent physio yesterday.
Left-back Chris Chantler, replaced in the closing stages, was also being assessed ahead of today’s game.
But striker Danny Cadamarteri faces two weeks on the sidelines with a calf injury he suffered in training.
Boss Greg Abbott will be reunited with his No2 Graham Kavanagh, who has returned to the club after missing Wednesday’s game with a virus.
Kavanagh had to banish himself from Brunton Park to avoid spreading the virus, with goalkeeper coach Tony Caig acting as Abbott’s No2 against Hartlepool and the Blues manager himself taking the pre-match warm-up.
Bury winger Gregg Wylde hopes to be back in contention after being ruled out for the 0-0 Boxing Day draw with Preston. The 21-year-old Scot extended his loan from Bolton for another month but was then struck by a stomach bug.
Wylde had been star man in the previous game against Shrewsbury, playing his best game yet in a Bury shirt.
First published at 11:24, Saturday, 29 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (26 comments)
- Talks over new primary on site of axed Carlisle school (12 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (29 comments)
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)