Jenkins offers his experience
Published at 01:00, Monday, 19 July 2004
By Amanda Little
ANDREW Jenkins has pledged to offer prospective new owner Fred Story the benefit of his 44 years experience on the Carlisle United board.
Jenkins will return as club chairman under Story’s new regime - 12 years after stepping down from the role following Michael Knighton’s arrival at Brunton Park.
The boss of Carlisle firm Pioneer Foods, who was vice-chairman to John Courtenay, is delighted the club is back in local hands, even though he developed a close association with the out-going Irish owner.
“All the directors are from Carlisle or Cumbria so we will all be giving 100 per cent,” said Jenkins.
“The big thing is that Fred is a local person and everybody I’ve spoken to thinks it’s great the club is back in local hands.
“Fred asked the other directors’ advice and they thought I was the most suitable person to be chairman because of my experience and length of time I’ve been here.
“I have assured Fred I will give him 100 per cent as I have with everybody.
“I feel a bit sore about John because we had a good friendship and everybody loved him.
“I’m sorry to see him go but we are very fortunate to have Fred Story at the club.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League Two 2014-15
- League and cup results 2014-15
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)