All about Carlisle United
Last updated at 10:03, Tuesday, 08 July 2008
How to get to Brunton Park . . .
Exit the M6 at junction 43 and follow the signs for Carlisle city centre.
Continue down the road, passing Tesco on your right-hand side and carry straight on through two sets of traffic lights.
Immediately after the third set of lights, Brunton Park will come into view on your right-hand side.
There are plenty of parking spaces available - behind the away fans area of the ground and on additional car parks, which are signposted as you enter the city.
Exit Carlisle station through the main entrance and cross the road ahead of you aiming for the pub Suede. You are now at the top of Warwick Road.
Go straight down here, passing the Post Office on your right-hand side.
Follow the road for about a mile and after passing the Beehive pub on your right, Brunton Park will appear on your left-hand side.
The nearest main airport is Newcastle and although no service flights operate directly to Carlisle airport, private chartered flights can be arranged.
Exit Carlisle airport and take the A689 to Carlisle.
After about three miles take the second exit off the roundabout onto the B6264.
Continue straight on into Brampton Road and bear left as you approach the traffic lights at Stanwix Bank.
Take the second exit off the roundabout and carry straight on through three sets of traffic lights.
At the fourth set of lights turn left into Warwick Road.
The ground is about a mile down on your left hand side.
Map link: Brunton Park
Border Cabs 01228 534440 / City Taxis 01228 520000 / Radio Taxis 01228 527575
The Beehive Pub can be found just across the road from the ground, serving bar meals.
Breadwinners sandwich bar is situated immediately outside Brunton Park on Warwick Road.
Food and beverages can also be purchased within the ground.
Away fans are usually allocated the North End of the Cumberland Building Society Stand, an all-seated covered area, which has food and drink outlets in the concourse underneath.
Contact the club:
Club/ticket office: 01228 526237
Carlisle United Official Supporters Club is open to all fans and includes:
- Priority purchase of match tickets
- Club shop discount
- Discount travel to away games
- 10% off meals in Foxy’s (including on a matchday)
- Free hire of Brunton Park function rooms
- 10% discount on hire of Neil Sports Centre
- Free newsletter
- The right to vote
Carlisle United Supporters Club is the only Official Supporters Club, which is recognised and supported by the owners, directors and management of Carlisle United Football Club. At least 80% of its annual membership fee is made available to the football club. Since its formation in October 2002, CUOSC has gained more than 540 members and handed over about £30,000.
Younger supporters can join the Junior Blues for further fun and events.
For more information:
Address: CUOSC, c/o Lottery Office, Brunton Park, Warwick Road, Carlisle, CA1 1LL
First published at 09:22, Wednesday, 20 February 2008
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cost of on-street parking charges revealed by Cumbria council (105 comments)
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (66 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (84 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)
- Carlisle's The Lanes shopping centre on verge of expansion (58 comments)