Barton hits four as Gillford Park romp home
Last updated at 13:07, Monday, 05 March 2012
Gillford Park 4 Crook 0: Gillford opened the scoring in this Northern League game on 17 minutes when Marc Butler went down the line and crossed into the area for Gavin Barton to shoot past Crook keeper Pickering from six yards.
Gillford keeper Ryan Smith saved a 10-yard shot from Crook’s Devine with his feet in the 38th minute.
Crook came out in second half and forced Gillford to defend.
The game was transformed on 67 minutes with a double substitution by Gillford that saw Craig Wilson and Marc Shiel enter the play.
With his first touch Shiel crossed into area for Barton to head home from eight yards.
Gillford were goal hungry now and it was 3-0 on 76 minutes when Graham Anthony’s corner was met by Barton and his well executed bicycle kick from 12 yards flew into the net with keeper well beaten.
Barton got his fourth goal on 81mins when he volleyed home a Craig Wilson cross from 10 yards.
First published at 11:27, Monday, 05 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Tributes to Carlisle woman who died days after her 26th birthday (21 comments)
- Shop to close after 30 years in Carlisle city centre
- Google erases link to News & Star article under ‘right to be forgotten’ (30 comments)
- North Cumbrian brewery goes into administration
- Two suffer 'serious' injuries in A66 crash