Last updated at 15:49, Wednesday, 22 February 2012
Partner/solicitor at Burnetts Solicitors
Describe Cumbria in three words.
Beautiful, peaceful, leisurely.
What is your favourite thing about Cumbria?
What makes you most proud to live and work in Cumbria?
The quality of life that it gives me and the colleagues that I work with.
Which stereotypes about Cumbria would you say were wrong?
The idea that Cumbria is ‘backwards’ in some way.
Where is your favourite place in Cumbria to go for a night or day out?
Armathwaite Hall Hotel at Bassenthwaite for afternoon tea.
What is your favourite Cumbrian meal?
Anything from the Royal Oak in Curthwaite!
What and where are your favourite shops and tourist attractions in Cumbria?
I still really enjoy Keswick but Caldbeck is a lovely village to potter around.
If you were recommending Cumbria to a friend, where would you tell them to go, and what would you tell them to do?
I would tell them to walk around Grasmere or Rydal Water really early in the morning or take a walk along the beach from Crosscanonby.
What is your best Cumbrian memory?
Walking my dog from when he was a puppy at Crosscanonby and watching him chase seagulls out to sea.
First published at 10:38, Saturday, 18 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Two retail giants quitting Carlisle (19 comments)
- Carlisle star Matt Pagan gutted as Collabro Xmas lights switch-on called off (32 comments)
- Girl, 7, conned into sending nude photos to internet sex predator
- Endangered species warning at Cumbria milk price crisis talks (1 comment)
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (2 comments)
- Cost of on-street parking charges revealed by Cumbria council (101 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (74 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (63 comments)
- New KFC restaurant will create up to 40 jobs in Cumbria (49 comments)
- Carlisle's The Lanes shopping centre on verge of expansion (52 comments)